Saturday, October 31, 2009

Painting, painting, and more painting!

First of all, I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to put together a post. I don't know how people find the time to sit down and make regular entries!!

Adam did a lot of the technical work around our house during summer and early fall. Hopefully he will get a chance to write about it later. :)

In late summer, I started working on painting the exterior, but the project has been put on hold now due to the cooler temps. We decided on a Husker palette: scarlet and cream! The house itself is white, and all the trim will be red. In the spring we plan on re-sodding the yard and doing lots of landscaping. I have a general idea of what I want to do. Stay tuned for more details!

I have spent the last few days trying out colors on our walls. It's been a lot of fun. I decided to go with ivory walls in the dining room. I'm still working on priming them. Adam had to go around and patch some cracks which took some time. On Halloween I managed to paint our entire bedroom. We picked out a very pretty blue for the walls to go with our blue/tan /chocolate curtains and our chocolate colored bedding. I think it turned out rather well!! I will try to update this post with pictures soon(ish)...

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to finish priming and painting the dining room and move onto the living room to finish taping off all the woodwork and begin priming. We're going with a sage green in the living room. Hopefully I'll have time to take some pics!!

1 comment: